Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Lost Desires Reawakened from a Melody

How sad can humanity be to cling to past events within their lives? There is an entire future to look forward to, but we clutch to what we know instead of moving forward to learn something entirely new. I too am guilty of this humane sin.

It has been a day stirred of emotion. One which I did not realize until the melodies and harmonies of songs began to reawaken what had been long lost and forgotten. For the boy, who thinks himself a man, I once loved you. This feeling to passionate to truly deny, yet I thought it had been burried deep into the ground never once to return. A message recieved stating "I am no longer single" burns. It was like a scar upon the heart had been torn open once again. This bizzare emotion called love. What is it that will not let me forget what I once knew? Is it truly impossible to forget? Deplete these emotions from my body, let my memory be erased and forget that being entirely. Yet this is not possible. Not for a human being filled to the brim with passion for all mankind.

It does not die down when one is trapped within a classroom. My grandmother (rest her soul for eternity) passed but a month ago. As I sit within a college classroom the professor babbles on about death of loved ones, leaving this dear grandchild in tears beneath the long strands of brunette hair. I cannot find the means to concentrate on this present moment due to these past events. What I would not give to find the means to conentrate on this day, this hour, this very minute... the mourning of my beloved grandmother will never pass. Yet it is still a hearty wish that a professor would show some sympathy for this young woman, one of eighteen within the class.

Yet alas, to ask to maintain a piece of sanity is too much to ask.

0 comments:

Post a Comment